Missions is everywhere. It stretches from our backyard to pretty much every place on earth. But we can’t do missions alone. We’re committed to walking alongside missions partners that are doing good work both locally and globally. The people we are highlighting here are some of those that we cheer on through prayer, financial resources, and the sending of occasional missions teams. When selecting partners, there is some very specific criteria we look at such as:
1. Relationship. Do they have relationship with Emmanuel and/or are they with the PAOC?
2. Character. Are they trustworthy? Have they proven effectiveness? Do they have spiritual discernment?
3. Charity number. Do they have a recognized charity number?
4. Resonance. Do they capture the missional imagination of our church?
5. Focus. What groups are they focused on:
a. Least reached people groups
b. Next generation ministries
c. Poor and marginalized
d. Urban centers
e. Specific geographical location or cultural group
6. Method. What is their method of ministry:
a. Reaching and Planting: Evangelism and starting new initiatives
b. Caring: Helping those who are poor, marginalized, or in crisis
c. Equipping: Leadership development and skills training
7. Diversity. Do the partners we have cover all different types of ministry with a variety of focuses and methods?